Connect with us

Entertainment

ABC Cancels ‘Stumptown’ Due to COVID-19, Reversing Season 2 Renewal

Published

on

“Stumptown” has been canceled by ABC after one season due to COVID-related circumstances, TheWrap has learned.

The Cobie Smulders-led drama was picked up for a second season in May, but on Wednesday the network was forced to reverse its decision due to scheduling concerns, according to an individual familiar with the matter. The studio behind the series, ABC Signature, will shop the show to other outlets.

The decision comes as the network’s fall schedule begins to take shape. Initially announced back in May with a scripted-heavy slate — including the planned second season of “Stumptown” — ABC has since shifted the schedule around as its various series have begun to return to production in recent weeks. Several of the unscripted and comedy series that have been able to resume filming have received premiere dates across the coming weeks, but none of the network’s dramas have yet been slated.

“Stumptown” is just the latest series to fall victim to COVID-19. Amazon recently scrapped its epic historical drama “Cortes y Moctezuma” due to rising costs arising from the pandemic, and Netflix reversed course on planned new seasons of the YA dramas “The Society” and “I Am Not Okay With This.” TruTV similarly canceled plans for another season of Andrea Savage’s “I’m Sorry” last month.

Based on the graphic novel series of the same name, “Stumptown” starred Smulders as P.I. Dex Parios, a “strong, assertive, and sharp-witted army veteran with a complicated love life, gambling debt, and a brother to take care of in Portland, Oregon.”

Jake Johnson, Tantoo Cardinal, Cole Sibus, Adrian Martinez, Camryn Manheim and Michael Ealy also starred.

Entertainment

Carole Baskin Teases Emotional ‘Dancing with the Stars’ Performance

Published

on

By

Big Cat Rescue founder Carole Baskin is telling her story tonight on “DWTS.”

“Extra’s” Billy Bush spoke with Baskin today as she headed to rehearsals. When asked about her performance tonight, Carole said, “I’m really hoping I can just get through it because the day starts right now. I’m on my way to the studio…”

Baskin has become a recognizable face since the release of “Tiger King,” but has slammed the series for character assassination. Of tonight’s pre-taped package on “Dancing with the Stars,” she commented, “The piece that they’re airing is talking about the impact this has had on my family and that’s what’s been the hardest for me, is seeing how difficult this has all been on them.”

Promos for tonight’s “Dancing with the Stars” show Carole getting emotional while opening up on how “Tiger King” has affected her. Breaking down in tears, Baskin said in the pre-taped package, “I keep it inside. This is the absolute worst of this.”

When asked if she was surprised by her tearful reaction, Carole told Billy after the promo hit airways, “I was really shocked because I was so good at being the strong one and not breaking down. Even if I have to wait three days to break down over the loss of a cat… I can usually do that ’cause I have to be strong for everyone else. It really shocked me that it came flooding out on the couch.”

Baskin noted that she did not know there was a promo released, saying, “I really wish I knew before it got out there this morning because I didn’t know it was out there yet to warn my family because I don’t want them to see me break down and be upset.”

To what song will Carole be dancing tonight? She dished, “We’re dancing to… ‘What’s New Pussycat?’ by Tom Jones. It will be the Viennese waltz.”

Continue Reading

Entertainment

‘Dancing With the Stars’ Eliminates 1st Celebrity of Season 29: Who Went Home?

Published

on

By

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Vanessa Bryant Releases Statement On Her Mother’s Recent Accusations

Published

on

By

On a September 21 episode of Univision’s El Godra Y La Flaca, Sofia Laine, Vanesa Bryant’s mother, accused her daughter of kicking her out of her home and taking away her car.

According to English translations, Laine said in Spanish while crying, “She told me, ‘I need you to get out of this house. She also told me that she wanted her car and she wants it now.”

It’s not clear when exactly she claims this happened, but it was reportedly after Vanessa Bryant’s husband Kobe Bryant and their 16-year-old daughter Gianna Bryant died in a helicopter crash this past January.

In response to the interview, Vanessa Bryant released a statement to PEOPLE: “My husband and daughter passed away unexpectedly and yet my mom has the audacity to do an interview on TV talking negatively about me while shedding tears about a car and home that wasn’t in her name.”

The 38-year-old continued, “She has removed all her diamond jewelry, emptied her apartment that I provide, and put the furniture in storage to appear as though she is without support. My husband and I have financially supported her over the past 20 years, and I continue to do so, in addition to her monthly alimony.”

RELATED: Kobe Bryant Helicopter Crash: Here’s What We Know

She also added, “Contrary to previous reports, she has not been physically present or emotionally supportive for my daughters and me after my husband and daughter passed away. Going forward, I see what is most important to my mom and it is beyond hurtful. I hope this public airing of our personal relations will stop here.”

Kobe and Gianna, along with seven other people, were killed on January 26 while taking a helicopter to the Mamba Academy for basketball practice in nearby Thousand Oaks.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2020 NewsLagoon | All Content Rights Reserved.