Connect with us

Entertainment

Paulina Porizkova Feels Betrayed After Being Cut Out Of Husband Ric Ocasek’s Will

mm

Published

on

Ric Ocasek cut estranged wife Paulina Porizkova out of his will and she’s devastated.

The model, 54, gave an interview to CBS This Morning, set to air this Sunday, in which she revealed the shocking snub.

The Cars frontman, who died on September 15 at age 75 of heart disease, had been married to Porizkova since 1989. Although they split in 2017, their divorce wasn’t finalized at the time he passed away.

“Even if I should die before our divorce is final … Paulina is not entitled to any elective share … because she has abandoned me,” Ocasek wrote in his will signed Aug. 28.

In a CBS preview clip, Porizkova said that Ocasek’s financial decision, “made the grieving process really, really tricky. I would love to be able to be sad and miss him and not also feel this incredible hurt and betrayal.”

Porizkova said she was still living with the rocker at the time his death and found his body at their New York home.

It was “the worst moment of my life,” she confided of the spouse with whom she had two sons.

According to Page Six, Ocasek had $5 million in assets according to papers filed with his will in Manhattan Surrogate’s court in November.

Porizkova filed court papers revealing that she plans to fight for her automatic elective share, which under New York law entitles her to one third of Ocasek’s estate unless it can be proved in court that she did in fact abandon him as he claimed.

As RadarOnline.com reported, Porizkova previously disclosed the drama surrounding the “Good Times Roll” musician’s unexpected death. In an interview with Rolling Stone, Porizkova said that Ocasek had undergone surgery two weeks earlier, but it was “not at all” the cause behind his death.

 

“I don’t know how much I want to say about the surgery, but it was successful. He was recuperating really well,” she noted. “So his passing was a f***ing shock.”

Now the beauty has been blindsided again – by the rocker’s angry denunciation of her in his will!

Scroll through Radar’s gallery for more.

Originally posted 2020-04-01 03:27:52.

Entertainment

Bon Iver’s Justin Vernon Wants To Help Minneapolis Protesters By Providing Audio Equipment

mm

Published

on

The death of George Floyd has led to outrage nationwide, and on a local level in Minneapolis, the city is currently in the midst of massive protests. Plenty of sympathizers have offered words of support, but Bon Iver’s Justin Vernon — who is from nearby Eau Claire, Wisconsin — wants to provide more than that. Vernon has declared that he wants to help protestors, and his idea is to give them audio equipment so they can be better heard.

For the past day and change, Vernon has taken to his personal Twitter account (@blobtower) to express his extreme disappointment about the Floyd situation. He began yesterday morning by tweeting, “I’m out of words. Don’t know what to do. I’m so so so so angry. I want to do something.”

He then presented an idea: “For the organizing protestors in MPLS , I am in possession of a very very large PA system .. I could get it on the back of a trailer and bring it up … MAKING your voices louder … and blast the right music … hit me.” Vernon added, “Please , help spread the word… I want to help on the front lines.”

Vernon went on to note that he’s in the process of trying to figure out how to best transport his gear to Minneapolis, tweeting, “writing some audio companies … I have no trailer to get mine to Minny today … anyone with outdoor audio chops or gear hit me let’s get his going.” He added, “I’ve never seen a good audio system at any protest I’ve ever been to … we should get music involved … and loud human speakers,” and, “A large audio platform can help keep folks stay safe distances, encourage unity and non violence and really, really Disturb the ‘peace’…”

A few hours after that initial batch of tweets, Vernon offered a status report, writing, “Working on the Mobile PA thing still … need a custom trailer and an engineer … but workin on it. […] Figuring out how to transport it. Needs a crew to set it up And rig it so it can be mobile I’m working on it.”

This afternoon, over the past few hours, Vernon has sought help from his fellow Eau Claire residents, asking, “Anyone in EC have a 8000+ watt generator,” and, “Anyone have a hay cage they could let us use ? Thinking that could strap down a generator and PA system. I’d drive it up with a hitch.” He then shared a photo of the sort of trailer he was looking for.

He then put out another call for help, looking for the right people to whom to bring his audio set-up: “Mpls / ST Paul please let us know if there organizers that need a PA system. We have one and running on a generator and want to deliver it to the appropriate voices … Please respond with legit contacts only.”

As of this post, that Vernon’s most recent update on the situation. Regardless of whether or not Vernon is able to pull this off, at the very least, he has displayed a genuine drive to make a tangible contribution to the situation.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

The Mandalorian’s Pedro Pascal reveals unique challenge of working with Baby Yoda

mm

Published

on

While Baby Yoda may be the most adorable thing in the galaxy, it turns out that his cuteness could be detrimental to working on The Mandalorian.

That’s according to star Pedro Pascal, who opened up to Digital Spy and other media about prop mishaps and whether he had any issues on set with the little green puppet.

“Especially not with Baby Yoda [laughs],” he replied of the expensive puppet. “It’s like carrying the crown around that set, except that it makes everybody go, ‘Goo goo ga ga’.

Disney

Sign up to Disney+ for £5.99 a month with a 7-day free trial

“There’s so many different elements that go into it,” he continued. “There have been sizeable props that have definitely contributed to me losing my balance.

“For me, it’s not so much breaking a prop but accidentally walking into walls and falling into holes because I had no peripheral vision. And the width, with all the added armour, is… you know, it takes up more room than I’m used to. It can be a funny sight.”

Speaking of his costume, Pascal added: “They fit it so perfectly. It tells as much of a story as, I suppose, the actor in it. You know what I mean? You stand still, and, without much effort, you look cooler than in anything you’ve ever seen before [laughs].

pedro pascal, the mandalorian nick nolte, kuiil

Disney

Related: Star Wars solves Luke Skywalker plot hole from the original trilogy

“And that would be all the work of the costume designers and art designers. I think there’s maybe three or four departments that go into making that suit.”

During the chat, Pascal also spoke of not actually being present for one episode in season one due to other commitments, revealing that four people are able to fit in the suit.

He explained that it “was important to establish a kind of physical posture, or a language of stillness” from the outset.

“There were dramatic kind of scenes that it was sort of important to me that one gesture or one head movement would be as important to me as the text, or as important as any kind of dialogue,” Pascal added.

“So I was a bit of a stickler about those kinds of things. And then, of course, you know, there’s things that this old body could not handle [laughs] that others did. So it was really a kind of invented collaboration that we’re still sort of, I guess, fine-tuning.”

All Star Wars movies, including The Rise of Skywalker, will be available on Disney+ from May 4. The Rise of Skywalker is also available on DVD, Blu-ray and 4K now.


Digital Spy now has a newsletter – sign up to get it sent straight to your inbox.

Looking for more TV recommendations and discussion? Head over to our Facebook Group to see new picks every day, and chat with other readers about what they’re watching right now.

Originally posted 2020-04-29 15:35:50.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Line of Duty’s Stephen Graham accidentally says rude word live on This Morning

mm

Published

on

Stephen Graham was left a bit red-faced on This Morning after accidentally saying a naughty word on daytime TV.

On today’s (April 29) episode, the star appeared alongside Code 404 co-star Daniel Mays to talk about their new Sky show.

However, as they were wrapping up the video call, Phil couldn’t help but point out what appeared to be a pile of gifts in the corner of his living room.

ITV

“Stephen, I don’t know whether you realise but Father Christmas has just been [down] your chimney,” the presenter pointed out as Stephen looked confused.

Realising what he was talking about, the actor turned round and exclaimed, “Oh shit!” – before apologising.

“Sorry about that!” Holly told the audience as she laughed off the blunder, Stephen going on to explain the mysterious pile.

stephen graham this morning

ITV

Related: This Morning‘s Holly Willoughby left red-faced after being prank called by Bradley Walsh live on show

“That’s the craft corner,” he said, as Phil admitted he thought he’d sworn again.

“I thought you said crap!” the presenter joked as they then said goodbye to their guests.

“That’s one of my favourite lockdown interviews we’ve done!” Holly admitted afterwards. Same, Holly. Same.

Stephen’s potty mouth isn’t the only blunder that’s happened on This Morning this week, with chef John Torode accidentally setting a tea towel on fire on yesterday’s (April 28) episode.

Holly was also left red-faced this week after being prank called by Bradley Walsh live on the show.

This Morning airs weekdays on ITV at 10am.

Code 404 premieres on Wednesday, April 29 on Sky One and NOW TV.


Digital Spy now has a newsletter – sign up to get it sent straight to your inbox.

Looking for more TV recommendations and discussion? Head over to our Facebook Group to see new picks every day, and chat with other readers about what they’re watching right now.

Originally posted 2020-04-29 15:34:51.

Continue Reading

Trending