Connect with us

Entertainment India

Kangana Ranaut demands Rs 2 crore compensation from BMC for demolishing her office

Published

on

Image Source : TWITTER/@KANGANATEAM

Breaking: Kangana Ranaut demands Rs 2 crore as compensation from BMC for illegally demolishing her office

Bollywood actress Kangana Ranaut has sought a compensation of Rs 2 crore from Mumbai’s municipal agency for illegally demolishing her office Kangana Ranaut has amended her petition before the Bombay High Court to seek a compensation of Rs 2 crore from the Brihanmumbai Municipal

Corporation (BMC) for “illegal” demolition at her bungalow. After the BMC demolished what it termed as illegal alterations at the “Queen” actor’s bungalow at Pali Hill in suburban Bandra on September 9, Ranaut moved the high court.

A division bench led by Justice S J Kathawalla had stayed the demolition, saying that the civic body’s actions seemed “malafide” (having dubious intentions). In her amended plea, Ranaut alleged that the BMC’s decision to demolish her property was a direct consequence of her comments against the Maharashtra government.

ALSO READ: He heard me like a daughter: Kangana Ranaut after meeting Maharashtra Governor at Raj Bhavan

Recently she has been “at loggerheads with the Government of Maharashtra regarding herviews over the handling of certain issues which impact the public in general,” it added.

“The expression used by her has displeased certain quarters and caused angst in certain quarters particularly a political party which is a part of the government in Maharashtra,” Ranaut’s amended petition said.

“In view of various threats been given to the petitioner, including threats of harm if she entered Mumbai,the petitioner was compelled to seek the assistance/security and was givenprotection by the Central Government in nature Y-plus category of CRPF security and the petitioner could
only come to Mumbai under protection,” it said.

The “same party” is also the ruling party in the BMC, the petition said, without naming the Shiv Sena.

The petition also contended that the Bollywood actor sought the BMC’s permission to carry out structural repairs at her bungalow, and the same was granted in 2018. The BMC sent her a demolition notice on September 7 and gave her just 24 hours to respond, the petition said, that while she did respond in time, it was quick to reject her reply and on the very next day, BMC and police officers were “already present outside the bungalow”.

Photos of the day showed that the BMC was ready with demolition equipmentearly in the morning, which proves that the civic body had malafide intentions and ulterior motives to the bungalow, the petition claimed.

The plea urged the court to declare the BMC’s action as illegal and direct the civic body and its “concerned officials” to pay her Rs 2 crore in damages. The court is slated to hear the matter on September 22. The demolition at Ranaut’s bungalow had followed her public spat with the Shiv Sena over her statement comparing Mumbai to Pakistan-occupied-Kashmir.

(With PTI Inputs)

ALSO READ: Kangana Ranaut’s Dad: Her battle is like that of Shri Krishna’ against evil

Latest on Kangana Ranaut

Fight against Coronavirus: Full coverage

Entertainment India

Doctor heroine Priyanka Mohan joins this exciting bilingual?

Published

on

By

Actor Siva Karthikeyan is next getting ready for the release of his new movie Doctor, directed by Kolamaavu Kokila fame Nelson Dilip Kumar, and this movie marks the Tamil debut of actress Priyanka Arul Mohan.

Priyanka Arul Mohan had previously made her debut in Tollywood with the movie Gang Leader starring Nani and had signed another English – Tamil movie The Mayan as well before Doctor, and now the actress is reportedly in talks for a bilingual.

Buzz is that Priyanka Arul Mohan might play the female lead in the upcoming Tamil – Telugu bilingual Maha Samudram starring Sharwanand and Siddharth and directed by Ajay Bhupati, and an official clarification on this speculation can be expected soon.

Continue Reading

Entertainment India

OTT release date of Anushka’s ‘Nishabdham’ announced

Published

on

By

“Your silence will protect you,” Amazon Prime Video said on Friday, announcing the release date of Anushka’s ‘Nishabdham’. The thriller, directed by Hemanth Madhukar, will start premiering on October 2 in Telugu and Tamil. It has been dubbed into Malayalam as well. So, in al, it will stream in three languages simultaneously.

Anushka is playing a mute artist in the film. R Madhavan is her pair. Anjali, Shalini Pandey, Subbaraju and others are part of the cast. Music is by Gopi Sundar. The film’s teaser and trailer were released months ago. A pre-release is expected to be out soon.

The mystery thriller, shot in the US and other locations, was supposed to hit the screens on April 2. With no theatres opened, it couldn’t be released.

On the same date (October 2), Aha will stream Raj Tarun-Malavika Nair-Hebbah Patel’s ‘Orey Bujjigaa’. So, it’s the first OTT clash ever!

Continue Reading

Entertainment India

Popular TV actor passes away

Published

on

By

Popular Malayalam TV actor Sabari Nath passed away due to a heart attack on Thursday night. The 43-year-old acto breathed his last at a private hospital in Thiruvananthapuram.Reportedly, the actor complained of severe chest pain while he was playing badminton. He was immediately rushed to a private hospital, where he breathed his last. The actor is survived by his wife and two daughters.

Sabari Nath, who is also a trained badminton player started his acting career with the superhit Malayalam serial ‘Minnukettu’. After gaining popularity with the serial, he went on to play the lead character in several serials such as Amala, Nilavilakku, Swami Ayappan, Sreepadam, Bhagyalakshmi,etc.

Many of the actor’s colleagues expressed their shock and condoled the death of the actor. Sharing a picture with the actor from the sets of ‘Padatha Painkili’, actresss Archana Suseelan paid tribute to Sabari.

sabari Nath actor dead

Sharing a picture of the actor, Kasthooriman actress Alice Christy wrote,”Sabari chetta… I can’t even believe that you are no more in this world…. You are one of those people with whom I have worked for so many years chetta…. Heartbroken ….Heartfelt condolences… We will miss you chetta”

sabari Nath actor

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2020 NewsLagoon | All Content Rights Reserved.