Connect with us

Entertainment

Kate Middleton Credits “Beginner’s Luck” For Her Bagel-Making Skills

Published

on

After starting their day with a social media post wishing Prince Harry a happy birthday, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge headed to London on Tuesday for the first time since coronavirus lockdowns began, stopping to make bagels amid a busy day of engagements. Kate and William carried out three engagements—to a job center, a mosque, and finally the bagel shop, where Kate in particular couldn’t wait to get cooking.

The couple received a warm welcome at the famous Beigel Bake Brick Lane Bakery in East London, which bakes on average 3000 bagels a day and delivered supplies to vulnerable members of the community during the lockdown.

“We are so excited to come to your famous shop,” William told Amnon Cohen, 70, one of the co-founders, who started it with his late brother, Asher Cohen.

The Duchess, a keen cook, has revealed she spent much of the lockdown baking with their three children Prince George, Princess Charlotte, and Prince Louis. Kate, wearing a mask, rolled up her sleeves and confidently kneaded seven-pound piles of dough with ease, making balls that would become 30 bagels. When congratulated on her technique the Duchess said with a laugh, “Just wait until you see the aftermath! I had beginner’s luck, they are getting worse!”

William has joked that the family kitchen at their country home Anmer Hall in Norfolk was an “explosion of flour and chocolate” as they whiled away the lockdown baking cakes and biscuits. William has a sweet tooth and one of his favorite treats is chocolate biscuit cake, which was served on the couple’s wedding day and is a recipe Kate knows by heart.

Tuesday’s events were the couple’s first official joint outing since July, and now that they have returned to Kensington Palace, their London base, they are expected to carry out a busy schedule of events this autumn. While the royals won’t be able to carry out public walkabouts because of continued social distancing guidelines, they are still able to carry out smaller engagements. And with George and Charlotte back at school (they returned to Thomas’s Battersea last week), Kate and William are said to be keen to get back to work.

Wearing a £550 red floral gown by one of her favourite designers, Beulah London, Kate opted for her trademark nude heels. She and William are keen to “shine a light on individuals and businesses who have gone above and beyond to help others during this extraordinary time,” according to a spokesperson at the palace.

Entertainment

Kristen Stewart Took Over Her Girlfriend’s Instagram to Deliver a Very Important Message

Published

on

By

Kristen Stewart has made it this long without succumbing to the lure of starting her own social media account, but she did borrow her girlfriend Dylan Meyer‘s Instagram to share a very important message with her fans.

The actress made her first foray onto the platform on behalf of National Voter Registration Day on Tuesday to encourage her fans to go to the polls in November. And while Stewart may be an Instagram novice, she’s clearly a selfie pro posting a shot in which she wears a “VOTE” t-shirt while giving a smoldering stare, sticking her tongue out of the corner of her mouth, and flashing a thumbs-up at the camera. 

“For anyone that might need to let out a little aggression today…it is national register to VOTE day,” Stewart wrote . “I never do this but for anyone who has not registered to vote please take this opportunity to feel HEARD. And not hopeless.” She continued, “I am voting because I WANT to believe in our country. Because I believe in climate change. I believe in systemic racism. I believe in freedom of speech and the right to assemble. I believe in gun control. I believe that women have a right to make choices about their own bodies. I believe people have the right to live and love and identify however they feel in their hearts without fear. I believe that people care about each other. So try and have a lovely Tuesday and vote for your fucking lives.”

Stewart wouldn’t have been able to deliver this message without the help of her girlfriend, who she’s been linked to since August 2019. In an interview with Howard Stern in November 2019, the actress revealed that while she and Meyer may have differing opinions about the utility of social media, they have pretty much everything else in common. “We’re both from L.A. and we really love L.A,” she explained. “We’re both kind of like, scumbags. We both felt like trolls as kids. We’re so similar but different.”

More Great Stories From Vanity Fair

— Jesmyn Ward Writes Through Grief Amid Protests and Pandemic
— Melania Trump’s Clothes Really Don’t Care, and Neither Should You
— How Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Paid Off the Frogmore Cottage Renovations
— Poetry: COVID-19 and Racism Collide in Mississippi
— 11 of Fall’s Best Coffee-Table Books
— Is This the End of In-Person Awards Shows?
— From the Archive: The Precarious Future of Stately Aristocratic Homes

Looking for more? Sign up for our daily newsletter and never miss a story.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

RHOBH: The All in by Teddi scam by Teddi Mellencamp Arroyave

Published

on

By

Teddi Mellencamp Arroyave and her All in by Teddi diet scam is more like an abusive relationship via text with a stranger that yells at you about carbs.

Teddi Mellencamp Arroyave has always been transparent about her weight loss journey.  She says her program, All in by Teddi, an accountability diet program was a major source of help for her while losing weight.  The program’s retreat was filming for this season of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and the four-day event cost about $3,899.00 per person.

But now some former members of the programs are speaking out anonymously about the bullying, extreme dieting, and extreme expense of the program.  Emily Gellis Lande on Instagram has been documenting stories from those who did the program at one point.  Of course, due to the NDA, these cannot be verified.  But the sheer amount of people reporting the same atrocious behavior across the board with Teddi and her coaches simply cannot be ignored.

The members sign an NDA when signing up for All in by Teddi, which is incredibly suspicious.  Those who have spoken out have shared screenshots of their “mentors” or “coaches” calling them disgusting for eating a meal with carbs or for skipping cardio for the day.  So accountability = bullying, I guess.  What would be so secretive about a diet that you need to sign a nondisclosure agreement?

The program allegedly allows for about 600-1000 calories a day to be consumed, and photos of every meal must be sent in.  Proof of your 60-minute cardio sessions must be sent, too.  If you don’t comply, you get kicked out of the program without any sort of refund.  The pricing we’ve seen is somewhere around $700 to start and $150 a week after that.

Teddi has no real training to be telling people to starve herself, and she surely has some disordered eating habits along with her lack of training.  One person got dropped from the program for eating a burger without a bun on a first date, which Teddi deemed as abandoning the program for a guy.  They were dropped that day.

There seem to be no nutritionists or dietitians around, no doctors to ask for help, and no one with any real education on the subject helping the clients.  Just some extreme caloric restrictions and a system of “coaching” that seems easy to abuse.  It certainly seems like a dangerous way to create unhealthy eating habits, if you get nothing else from it.  I can bully myself into not eating more than 1000 calories a day, thank you very much!

Teddi addressed the rumors in an Instagram video where she actually addressed nothing.  She basically talked about how great she is and how great eating 500 calories a day is for your body.  Would a real dietitian please stand up?  Didn’t think so.

The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills reunion part 3 airs Wednesday, September 16.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

‘Cake Boss’ Star Buddy Valastro Impales Hand in Bowling Accident

Published

on

By

Cake Boss star Buddy Valastro has landed in the hospital after a gory bowling incident. E News reports that the reality star is now recovering from a “terrible” accident that resulted in an impaled hand. Valastro was at home in New Jersey when the injury took place this past Sunday, Sept. 20.

According to the Cake Boss’ rep, Valastro was “spending some quality time” at his home’s bowling alley when everything suddenly went wrong. “There was a malfunction with the bowling pinsetter, a common fix in the past, but turned into a terrible accident,” the rep told E News.

They then went into more detail to describe how it all went down, and the resulting injury sounds pretty painful. “After trying to release the bowling pin from the cage mechanism, his right hand became lodged and compressed inside the unit,” the rep explained. “Unable to remove his hand, he can see a 1-1/2″ metal rod slowly and repeatedly impale his hand three times between his ring finger and middle finger.”

Thankfully, Valastro’s teenage sons, Buddy Jr. and Marco, were around to help. The two came to their dad’s rescue by using a saw to cut through the metal rods and free his injured hand. “It will be an uphill battle as it’s Buddy’s dominant right hand and he will need prolonged recovery and therapy,” Valastro’s rep said.

The reality star shared the news of his accident with his followers on Instagram, posting a photo of himself in a hospital bed earlier today. In the photo, Valastro’s arm is held up and his hand is wrapped in a thick bandage. It seems like he’s staying upbeat after the injury though, and was even able to crack a joke in the caption. “I was involved in a terrible accident a few days ago… 😔 What do you think of my new accessory?” he wrote.

Valastro is known for his role on TLC’s Cake Boss, which first premiered in 2009 and has gone on for 10 seasons, but the pastry chef has also starred in Kitchen Boss, Cooks vs. Cons, Bakers vs. Fakers, Bake It Like Buddy and Unpolished. He’s  written multiple cookbooks throughout his career and runs his own bakery, Carlo’s, in Hoboken, New Jersey. We’re wishing him a speedy recovery, and hope he can get back to icing those cakes in no time.

Where to watch Cake Boss

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2020 NewsLagoon | All Content Rights Reserved.