Connect with us

Entertainment

Kim Kardashian & More Celebs Freezing Their Facebook & Instagram Accounts In Protest Of Hate Speech!

Published

on

Kim Kardashian West is using her platform to say something about the social media propaganda problem… well, kind of! Technically she’s not using her platform??

The KUWTK star is the latest celeb to join the #StopHateForProfit campaign aimed at Facebook, telling her followers that she will suspend her use of Facebook and Instagram accounts on September 16 in protest of the “spreading of hate, propaganda, and misinformation” on the company’s platforms.

She wrote across her social accounts:

“I can’t sit by and stay silent while these platforms continue to allow the spreading of hate, propaganda and misinformation — created by groups to sow division and split America apart — only to take steps after people are killed. Misinformation shared on social media has a serious impact on our elections and undermines our democracy.”

Heck yeah, gurl!

To help the cause, Kimmy Kakes said she will “freeze” her IG and FB accounts on Wednesday — which we guess is a pretty big deal for someone who posts as much as she does! Kanye West’s wife, who has over 188 million Instagram followers and over 30 million on Facebook, urged fans to join her in this day-long “freeze”, and included a link to the Stop Hate for Profit coalition’s website in her posts.

Related: Kim Responds To Criticism Of Her SKIMS Maternity Collection

She’s not the only A-lister going socially silent for a day, either. Other stars joining in on the 24-hour protest include Katy Perry, Demi Lovato, Sacha Baron Cohen, Judd Apatow, Amy Schumer, Sarah Silverman, Jamie Foxx, and Leonardo DiCaprio.

The KKW Beauty mogul’s reference to the social giant taking steps only “after people are killed” seems to be a nod to the company failing to remove a militia group’s “call to arms” that had urged followers to engage in violence amid the unrest in Kenosha, Wisconsin following the shooting of a Black man last month.

In a town hall meeting, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg admitted that the platform made “an operational mistake” in refusing to remove the “Kenosha Guard” group on the site even after users had reported it for violations. The group was only removed after two protesters in the city were shot and killed Aug. 25 by a 17-year-old Illinois boy who had traveled to the city planning to engage in violence.

But Facebook can hardly claim ignorance here; they’ve been criticized for their obdurate inability to clamp down on hate speech and deliberate political misinformation for years, especially since the well-documented infiltration by Russian groups during the lead-up to the 2016 election.

Related: Kim Is Eyeing Launch Of KKW Home

The Stop Hate for Profit campaign was launched by groups like the NAACP and the Anti-Defamation League earlier this summer; it aims to make Facebook more aggressively police its platform, as well as block hate speech and misinformation.

The organizers of Stop Hate for Profit had called for users to “freeze” their Instagram accounts on Sept. 16, writing on the coalition’s site:

“We are quickly approaching one of the most consequential elections in American history. Facebook’s unchecked and vague ‘changes’ are falling dangerously short of what is necessary to protect our democracy. Facebook’s role in the Kenosha shooting — which was flagged as violating their policies hundreds of times — is a reminder that changing policies without changing enforcement means little. It reinforces the fact that lives are on the line.”

The campaign was joined by hundreds of companies who pledged to temporarily suspend advertising on Facebook-owned platforms. Facebook said it has been taking proactive measures on policing hate and misinformation, but execs made it clear that they weren’t being coerced into setting policies by the ad boycott — but because it is the “right thing to do.” Mm-hmm…

Do U think anything will come of this short protest, Perezcious readers? Read Kim’s full post (below) and share your thoughts in the comments.

[Image via Instar/WENN]

Entertainment

Les Francos 2020: un remède pour les festivaliers en peine!

Published

on

By

L’été tire à sa fin et on se remémore les bons souvenirs de la saison chaude. On pense aux soupers en terrasses avec les ami.e.s, aux « road-trips » qu’on a fait à travers le Québec et aux journées passées au bord de la piscine. Malgré tous ces beaux souvenirs, nous avons tout de même une pensée pour nos rendez-vous favoris qui n’ont pu avoir lieu…

La saison des festivals est un incontournable dans la province et les rassemblements aux sons de nos artistes préférés nous manquent. On est encore une fois dans l’incertitude et on espère que ces beaux jours reviendront.

 

Dans cet état d’esprit, les Francos ont décidé de mettre du bonheur dans le cœur des festivaliers! En effet, les Francos 2020 auront lieu et nous permettront de prolonger l’été juste un petit peu. Cette édition spéciale marque la réouverture du MTELUS et vous donne accès à du contenu inédit en ligne et des performances live par nul autre que Marie-Mai! 

Du 24 au 26 septembre,  vous pourrez chanter aux côtés d’Arianne Moffatt et de Luce Dufault, danser en écoutant Corneille et revoir le spectacle de Koriass en 2015 et passer du temps en compagnie de Louis-Jean Cormier. Chaque soir à partir de 18h, du contenu musical sera diffusé gratuitement sur le site officiel ainsi que sur leur page Facebook.

 

Dans le but de rendre cette édition encore plus spéciale , des spectacles acoustiques inédits de Marie-Mai en « live » prendront place au MTELUS du 25 au 27 septembre. Les places seront limitées et offriront une expérience intime et inédite, n’attendez donc pas trop avant de vous procurer des billets!

Les Francos de Montréal, c’est plus de trois décennies de folies célébrant la musique d’expression française sous toutes ses formes – folk, rock, hip-hop, pop, punk, etc. – et la plus importante manifestation culturelle internationale mettant à l’honneur cet univers musical.

C’est pourquoi, pendant tout le week-end, vous pourrez visionner des archives de spectacles commentées par l’artiste pendant Les événements marquants présentés par Bell. Des capsules préenregistrées seront aussi disponibles grâce aux Perfos Recettes d’ici et des « partys » de fin de soirée prendront place tous les soirs en direct de l’Astral pendant Les fins de soirée Loto-Québec! Vous pourrez ainsi profiter de l’ambiance des Francos dans le confort de votre salon!

Pour plus d’information, vous pouvez consulter l’événement Facebook et vous abonner au compte instagram des Francos. 

Sur ce, bons spectacles!

Continue Reading

Entertainment

OD Chez nous: Charles était en couple lors des auditions et son ex se vide le coeur!

Published

on

By

Ou là, là! L’aventure vient à peine de commencer et un candidat est DÉJÀ dans l’eau chaude… brûlante!

Depuis quelque temps, une rumeur circulait sur les réseaux sociaux après qu’une jeune femme, qui s’appelle Chloé Trujillo, ait partagé via Twitter que son ex avait été sélectionné à Occupation Double

Le hic dans tout ça? Il a tristement passé les auditions alors qu’il était toujours en couple et habitait avec elle. À ce moment, les candidats d’OD Chez Nous étaient en confinement et il était impossible de connaître l’identité du garçon dont il était question… jusqu’à hier soir!

 



Hier soir, Charles a dû se confier lorsqu’Éloïse, l’une des filles de la maison mixte, est revenue sur le sujet épineux de son ex, visiblement mal à l’aise pour la demoiselle en question. Croyant avoir eu une mauvaise perception de lui et l’avoir jugé trop vite lors de leur jasette au vignoble, Éloïse a souhaité mettre les points sur les «i» et les barres sur les «t». Et il semble qu’elle n’ait pas levé le drapeau rouge pour rien puisque Charles a quelque peu modifié la réalité pour qu’elle joue en sa faveur…

 

Noovo.com


Narcity a contacté l’ex-amoureuse de Charles, Chloé, afin de faire la lumière sur la situation et la jeune femme est catégorique: non seulement elle vivait encore avec lui lorsqu’il a passé les auditions, mais elle a appris qu’il participait à la nouvelle cuvée d’OD Chez nous de la voix du meilleur ami du candidat, au téléphone. .

«Charles a demandé à son meilleur ami de m’appeler et de m’annoncer la nouvelle lorsqu’il était déjà en quarantaine, j’ai donc même pas eu la chance d’en discuter avec lui comme deux adultes matures», avoue Chloé, qui s’est sentie trahie et déçue par Charles.

 



De plus, Charles aurait dit à certaines candidates d’OD qu’il est célibataire depuis cinq mois, ce qui nous rend un peu perplexes puisque Chloé affirme qu’ils «se voyaient encore», en juillet dernier: «ça s’est terminé à plusieurs reprises et c’est toujours lui qui finissait par me réécrire. J’ai habité avec lui jusqu’au 4 juillet. […] La dernière fois qu’on s’est vus, c’était mi-juillet.»

Quoi qu’il en soit, ça part mal son aventure… On a bien hâte de voir comment Charles va réussir à naviguer à travers tout ça et si la production va décider de s’en mêler en le mettant devant les faits!

 



Découvrez maintenant les gars et les filles d’Occupation Double Chez Nous, ainsi que les six candidats de la maison mixte! Deux des exclus ont dévoilé être déjà en couple, LE premier couple de l’aventure: découvrez de qui il s’agit ici!

Lisez également notre entrevue avec Jay Du Temple pour connaître tous les scoops croustillants sur la nouvelle saison!

 

Vous aimerez aussi:

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Monster Musume Season 2: Expected Release Date, Cast Update and Other Detail

Published

on

By

– Advertisement –

– Advertisement –

The Japanese animated series ‘Monster Musume’ based on the fabulously composed tales of the Japanese Manga is all set for its renewal with several own episodes for season 2.

This fantasy anime is performed under the management of Tatsuya Yoshihara and collected by Kazuyuki Fudeyasu. This anime was streamed worldwide through various streaming networks: Tokyo MX, Sun TV, and KBS from Lerche Anime Studio to name a few.

It received a decent review and love from the viewers with a good IMDB rating of 6.7/10.
The plot revolves around a Japanese student whose life is suddenly changed and flooded with turmoil after accidentally getting involved in an “Interspecies cultural exchange program”.

Release Date Of Monster Musume Season 2

Though the release of the 2nd season of the harem has been confirmed by the founders, there has not been any news regarding the date.

Even with the chaos created by the microscopic virus, we’re expecting the second season in the successive months of this year or early months of the next.

The Cast Of Monster Musume Season 2

There has been no official announcement about the cast of the upcoming season but we can expect the same favorite voices from the previous season entertaining us again.

The list of the voices behind the characters goes as follows:

Ari Ozawa will be expressing for Papi.
Sora Amamiya for Miia.
Junji Majima for Kurusu Kimihito.
Haruka Yamazaki for Mero,
Ai Kakuma for Lala,
Mayuka Nomura for Suu,
Natsuki Aikawa for Centorea.

Additional cast that may be heard in Season two is:

Sakura Nakamura will be expressing for Rachnera,
Saori Onishi for Doppel,
Yu Kobayashi for Ms. Smith and
Rei Mochizuki will be exhibiting for zombies.

The Plot Of Monster Musume Season 2

The entire season 2 will revolve around the new things happening in Kimihito’s life and the creatures of the “Interspecies exchange program”. The storyline also adds the peaceful existence of monsters with humans.

What Can We Expect

A lot cannot be predicted as a formal preview has not yet been out but as we saw in the previous season, his dream of dating a monster woman with all the arcade protagonist Kimihito and later having sexual desires for the snake-like monster Mia, the whole plot revolves around such issues.

The new season promises a whole new content and chances are, it may be based on Yoshino Origuchi’s forthcoming publication Dragon Musume: Everyday Life together with all the Monster Girls.

Trailer Updates

It seems we have to wait a little more for its trailer as no official preview has been released. This anime will release on various platforms such as Amazon Prime, VRV, HiDive among others.

– Advertisement –

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2020 NewsLagoon | All Content Rights Reserved.