Connect with us

Entertainment

Singer Lady A Countersues The Band Of The Same Name For Trademark Infringement

Published

on

Earlier this year, the band then known as Lady Antebellum removed the “Antebellum” from their name at the height of this summer’s Black Lives Matter movement, opting to go by Lady A in the future. Soon after, Seattle singer Anita White, who has performed under the name Lady A for over two decades, criticized the band for the name change. White and the band would meet to attempt to reach a compromise, but the meeting resulted in the band suing White to “affirm our right to continue to use the name Lady A, a trademark we have held for many years.” Now, according to Pitchfork, White has countersued the group for trademark infringement.

White claims that the band’s name change has resulted in “lost sales, diminished brand identity, and diminution in the value of and goodwill associated with the mark.” White’s countersuit comes a little over two months after the band sued her for rights to the name. At the time of their original lawsuit, he band claimed that were forced to sue the Seattle singer after “she and her team have demanded a $10 million payment,” a request White would explain in a lengthy statement:

“I asked for $5 million to compensate me for this loss, and to help me rebuild under a new name. I also asked that they donate $5 million to a charity so that we could work together to promote racial equality. […] I am hopeful that this fight for what is rightfully mine will help those damaged by this type of bullying and erasure in the past, and that it will prevent it from happening in the future. I will not allow Lady Antebellum to obliterate me and my career so they can look ‘woke’ to their fans.”

The full countersuit by White can be found here.

Entertainment

Toothbrush removed from man’s stomach after he swallowed it while brushing

Published

on

By

He swallowed the brush and it ended up in his stomach (Picture: SWNS)

A bloodied toothbrush had to be removed from a man’s stomach after he swallowed it while cleaning the back of his throat.

Doctors removed the 19cm-long brush within 24 hours, fearing that leaving it any longer could have been fatal.

The patient, 39, whose name has been withheld, was brushing his teeth on September 15 when it slipped.

He rushed to a nearby health clinic, which quickly referred him to a hospital more than 100km away.

An X-ray and further tests couldn’t locate the brush in the man’s throat – leading doctors to conclude it was in his stomach.

A minor operation was performed a short time later and the brush was removed.

The brush was removed in an operation

The brush was removed in an operation (Picture: SWNS)

The man remained in hospital while he recovered and was discharged a few days later.

Dr Bomni Tayeng, a senior surgeon at Bakin Pertin General Hospital, Pradesh, India, said: ‘The patient was taken to a private hospital in Pasighat – from there he was referred to our hospital.

‘The ENT surgeon of our hospital investigated the patient and planned to conduct an esophagoscopy, while I checked the patient at around 6pm.

‘The esophagoscopy procedure was conducted on September 16 morning, but the toothbrush couldn’t be found in the oesophagus – the muscular tube connecting the pharynx (throat) with the stomach.

‘This meant that the toothbrush had entered into the stomach.’

The toothbrush after it was removed

The toothbrush after it was removed (Picture: SWNS)

Dr Tayeng added that the patient was not feeling any pain after ingesting the toothbrush and was experiencing only minor discomfort in his upper abdomen.

He said: ‘As the toothbrush couldn’t be detected in the x-ray, I then decided to conduct an exploratory laparotomy process under general anaesthesia in the same sitting.

‘The brush could be easily felt in the stomach and was removed through a small incision in the stomach. This procedure took only about 30 minutes.

‘The very next day he started taking oral fluids, and had an uneventful recovery. He was discharged on September 21.’

Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at webnews@metro.co.uk.

For more stories like this, check our news page.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Tom Cruise Books 2021 Space Tour for His Elon Musk NASA Movie

Published

on

By

It’s official: Tom Cruise is going to space, all for the sake of our entertainment. The Mission: Impossible actor has been hatching a plant to shoot a movie, at least partially, in space. This summer, he convinced Universal Pictures to board the project, with Doug Liman, who he worked with on Edge of Tomorrow, set to occupy the director’s chair. Now, we have confirmation that both Cruise and Liman will be taking their trip to space next fall.

The Space Shuttle Almanac Twitter account, which documents every major space launch, recently revealed some details. Tom Cruise and Dough Liman will fly aboard a ship from Elon Musk’s SpaceX, with Michael Lopez-Alegria at the controls. The mission is set to take place In October. The tweet reads as follows.

RELATED: How Tom Cruise Convinced Universal to Fork Over $200M for His Elon Musk Space Movie

“So its confirmed that Michael Lopez-Alegria is flying the Axiom Space SpaceX #CrewDragon tourist mission with Director Doug Liman & Tom Cruise. One seat still to be filled. They are to launch in October, 2021.”

Story details for this Tom Cruise space movie remain totally under wraps. The project was pitched to the studio over a Zoom call earlier this year without a script. It is simply described as an action/adventure, which Doug Liman is currently writing. What we do know is that the filmmakers have the cooperation of NASA and that they will be filming aboard the International Space Station. NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine had this to say about it on Twitter.

“NASA is excited to work with Tom Cruise on a film aboard the Space Station! We need popular media to inspire a new generation of engineers and scientists to make NASA’s ambitious plans a reality.”

The hope is that Tom Cruise’s Space Movie will bring exposure to the space program in popular culture can help garner public support. It is said that Universal has committed roughly $200 million to the project, which does not yet have a title. Christopher McQuarrie, who has worked with Tom Cruise many times over the years, most notably on the last several Mission: Impossible movies, is on board as well. McQuarrie will not be going to space. Instead, he will be on the ground, likely serving as a story advisor and producer. Elon Musk will be a partner on the project but it remains unclear, ultimately, what his role or title will be.

Currently, Tom Cruise is filming Mission: Impossible 7. As per usual, thanks to some recent set photos, it seems Cruise will once again be doing some insane stunts for our enjoyment during his next go-around as Ethan Hunt. It was originally going to shoot back-to-back with Mission: Impossible 8. Since filming on the sequel was delayed by several months it is unclear if those plans are still in place. In any event, Cruise will need some time to get ready for his mission to space within the next year. We’ll be sure to keep you posted as any further details on the project are made available. You can check out the details from the Space Shuttle Almanac Twitter account.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Chace Crawford Remembers Turning Down The Chance To Be A Chippendales Dancer

Published

on

By

By Corey Atad.

Chace Crawford’s career could have looked a whole lot different.

The former “Gossip Girl” star was on “The Tonight Show” on Monday night, and host Jimmy Fallon brought up that Crawford was once offered to be a Chippendales striptease dancer.

RELATED: Penn Badgley, Chace Crawford Reminisce About ‘Gossip Girl’: It Is ‘Very Hard To Watch’

“That actually is a true story,” Crawford admitted. “That was probably back in the first iPhone days.”

Adding that his former co-star Blake Lively “loves this story,” he explained, “I’ve never gotten to fully tell it… I did turn it down. I lived in New York, it’s cold, I liked to work out at the gym in my building. Usually, no one is ever up there, except this one guy, he would always be up there, you know, smelling good, tight clothes. I thought he was a trainer.”

RELATED: Kristen Bell Returns To ‘Gossip Girl’ Reboot, Chace Crawford ‘Would Definitely Be Open’ To A Cameo

Crawford recalled the man asking whether he was a “model” type.

“I’m kind of like a work-out-alone, no-conversation type,” the actor laughed. “I’m teasing, he was very nice. He asked me for some headshots…which I usually carry with me to the gym but didn’t have them that day. He goes, ‘Hey, I do this boot camp if you’d like to try out for Chippendales.’”

He added, “This was pre-‘Magic Mike’ days. I really messed up, I should’ve done it.”

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2020 NewsLagoon | All Content Rights Reserved.