Connect with us

Entertainment

‘Thor: Love and Thunder’: Tessa Thompson confirms Christian Bale will play the villain in new Marvel film

Published

on

While the fourth ‘Thor’ movie is still in its pre-production stage, fans have been clamoring for details since the movie was announced last year during the San Diego Comic-Con. Most details are under wraps, but Tessa Thompson just dropped a tiny morsel for us fans to relish.

Thompson confirmed that Christian Bale, who was confirmed to play a role in ‘Thor: Love and Thunder’ earlier this year, will be playing the villain in the film which will also feature the return of Natalie Portman as Jane Foster. Jane will be assuming the God of Thunder’s powers and wielding the hammer of Thor, Mjölnir in ‘Thor: Love and Thunder’.

During the Season 3 premiere of ‘Westworld’, Thompson told Entertainment Tonight the news, saying, “Christian Bale is going to play our villain, which is going to be fantastic.” 

Thomson said, “I’ve read the script. I can’t tell you much. Lots of exciting text messages exchanged between Natalie and I. We’re going to have fun. Taika is writing [and] directing. Some familiar faces. Some new people coming into the mix.”

There has been no confirmation yet on what Bale’s character is called and Thompson did not give any clues. The one plot point she confirmed is that when we see Brunnhilde for the first time since ‘Avengers: Endgame’, she will be king.

“She’s king,” she clarified of her royal title. “If she can’t find her queen, she’ll just be king and queen at the same time.”

This wouldn’t be Bale’s first comic book role. Bale may be an Academy Award winner but he is best known for playing Bruce Wayne aka Batman in Christopher Nolan’s genre-changing trilogy adapted from DC comics featuring the caped crusader.

‘Thor: Love and Thunder’ will be directed by Waititi (Jojo Rabbit) on a script co-written by him and Jennifer Kaytin Robinson (Someone Great), which will be the followup to Waititi’s wildly successful 2017 sequel Thor: Ragnarok

Thor: Love and Thunder will arrive in theaters on November 5, 2021.

If you have an entertainment scoop or a story for us, please reach out to us on (323) 421-7515

Entertainment

Ben Gibbard Covers “Centerfield” For Seattle Mariners Opening Day Ceremony: Watch

Published

on

It feels like forever ago that we were getting new Ben Gibbard covers every single week as part of his lockdown livestream series. He stopped doing those back in May, but he revived the practice to support his local team the Seattle Mariners for their Opening Day virtual ceremony, which took place last week, though his performance was just uploaded online today. (The team has been playing games all week.) He set up his acoustic guitar on an empty T-Mobile Park field to perform a cover of John Fogerty’s baseball standard “Centerfield,” updating some of the lyrics to reflect Gibbard’s own Mariners fandom.

Gibbard, along with the rest of Death Cab For Cutie, is contributing an ’00s cover to our fundraising compilation. Wonder what they will do! Just kidding, I already know.

Watch below.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Ellen DeGeneres Canceled After ‘Toxic’ Work Environment Is Exposed

Published

on

While Leman denies that “any kind of sexual impropriety” took place, many people are taking aim at Ellen DeGeneres including actor Brad Garrett who said, “it comes from the top ⁦@TheEllenShow.” While some staffers claim sexual misconduct, others accused Ellen DeGeneres herself of treating employees horribly.

The “Everybody Loves Raymond” star backed up those claims by tweeting, “Know more than one who were treated horribly by her.⁩ Common knowledge.” Lea Thompson backed up Garrett’s claims. Ellen DeGeneres announced that Warner Brothers has launched an internal investigation into the allegations when she issued an apology via email to her show employees. As rumors swirl that she’s anxious to pull the plug on production altogether, fans are already canceling her on Twitter.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

‘Pirates of the Caribbean 6’: Johnny Depp to return as Captain Jack Sparrow with new female lead?

Published

on

Hollywood star Johnny Depp might be in the middle of a heated legal battle with ex-wife Amber Heard, but that’s not going to stop the heartthrob  from taking over the silverscreen or even his hamper his professional prospects. Depp might just be reprising his role as Captain Jack Sparrow in the sixth installement of the mammoth ‘Pirates Of The Caribbean’ franchise.

Depp had first portrayed the iconic role back in 2001 in Disney’s ‘Pirates Of The Carribean: The Curse Of The Black Pearl’, the first film of the brand. According to We Got This Covered, a Disney executive has been lobbying for the actor’s return. These revelations were made in the ongoing court case between Depp and Heard. Ironically, in 2016, it was rumoured that Disney wanted to ‘distance’ themselves from Depp, after the allegations made by Amber Heard went public.

The script of the new film is being written by Pirates writer Ted Elliott along with Chernobyl writer Craig Maizin. However, not much is known about the plot, apart from the desire to cast a female star as the lead.

Earlier, We Got This Covered had reported that Captain Jack Sparrow would be replaced by a female pirate named Redd, “a revamped character in the popular Disneyland attraction who’s also a meet-in-greet park character.”

According to fan choices, popular names like Daisy Ridley and Karen Gillan have been making the rounds, however no official confirmation has been made by the studio so far. Needless to say, both the actresses make for an excellent cast in a franchise which is desperately seeking a fresh start. If the makers are interested to continue to draw audiences for the new sequel, a fresh face remains imperative for the same.

The previous film ‘Dead Men Tell No Tales’ was the lowest grossing film in the franchise. 

Photos of Heard’s face, covered in bruises, allegedly inflicted by Depp by throwing his phone at her, began to do the rounds on the internet in 2016. Depp denied the accusations, but Heard received a 5 million dollar payout from the actor upon signing a non-disclosure agreement, as part of the couple’s divorce settlement. 

“Since their divorce, Mr Depp has continued to publicly harass Ms. Heard and attempted to gaslight the world by denying his abuse,” Eric George, Heard’s lawyer, said in a statement. “It is long past time for Mr Depp’s despicable conduct to end. Today, we presented to the court irrefutable evidence of Mr Depp’s abuse. It is regrettable that it will take a judge to finally end the persistent harassment of Ms Heard by Mr Depp, but Ms Heard will take whatever action is necessary to vindicate the truth.”

If you have an entertainment scoop or a story for us, please reach out to us on (323) 421-7515

Continue Reading

Trending