Connect with us

Entertainment

Why Dr. Terry Dubrow is seeing more patients for eye surgery procedures amid coronavirus

Published

on

Dr. Terry Dubrow is back in action amid the coronavirus pandemic.

After a long few months in quarantine, Dubrow, 61, is back in production for a new season of “Botched” (the show is currently airing), starring in Season 2 of “License to Kill” and meeting patients for surgery again.

“Now that we’re wearing masks, [patients are] more focused on their eyes so a blepharoplasty used to be the fourth or fifth most common plastic surgery procedure — right now it’s way up there. It’s like two,” he recently told Page Six. “I’m still seeing a lot of people who have pent-up demand. A lot of people are wanting procedures to tighten up skin because they were just on lockdown for three months and sort of eating more carbs and stretching their skin out.”

Dubrow admitted he’s ready for a tweak himself.

“It’s funny — I haven’t had Botox since the pandemic and I was looking in the mirror the other day in my gym at home and I went, ‘Wow!’” he joked. “I turned to look in the mirror and I thought, ‘Oh, wow so this is what it looks like to get old. I better fix that!’ So I need to go in for my own Botox very soon, see these? What are these doing here? These haven’t seen my face for about 30 years!”

Sadly, his “Botched” sidekick Dr. Paul Nassif wasn’t at his beck and call during the pandemic to help him out as he told Page Six in April that he had an increase in consultations for facelift and eyelid procedures as well.

“I could [have called him], but you know, it’s like all focus on Brittany being pregnant,” he laughed. “I mean whatever, she’s having the baby, not you man. Relax.”

Nassif, 58, and his wife Brittany Pattakos are expecting a daughter. Her due date is Oct. 19.

Dubrow insists that fans who cannot make it to his Newport Beach, Calif., office or Nassif’s Beverly Hills office should do their research before going to a surgeon.

“I think people forget the term you get what you paid for,” he said of why patients routinely put themselves in unfavorable situations. “A lot of times they just assume you have a medical degree and everybody’s equally caring and equally skilled and equally trained when in reality there’s a big difference between a board-certified plastic surgeon and a cosmetic surgeon operating out of their basement.”

“License to Kill” airs Saturdays at 6 p.m. ET on Oxygen and “Botched” airs Mondays on E! at 9 p.m. ET.

Entertainment

Kanye West vows to get Taylor Swift her ‘masters’ back and tweets about being murdered in another rant

Published

on

By

After sharing a bizarre video earlier this week of himself urinating on a Grammy award, Kanye West is back on Twitter.

The rapper left fans concerned for his safety after tweeting and deleting a message about being murdered and having his daughter North taken from him.

“NORTHY I AM GOING TO WAR AND PUTTING MY LIFE ON THE LINE AND IF I AM MURDERED DON’T EVER LET WHITE MEDIA TELL YOU I WASNT A GOOD MAN,” West tweeted, adding: “WHEN PEOPLE THREATEN TO TAKE YOU OUT OF MY LIFE JUST KNOW I LOVE YOU.”

West with his daughters North and Chicago. (Instagram)

West continued tweeting, sharing more of his complaints about the music industry. A few days ago he posted dozens of pages of his contract with Universal Music, along with his demands to be released from his recording deals.

West’s main complaint is that many artists don’t own the masters to their music –– something Taylor Swift has publicly spoken about since 2019.

Swift condemned industry executives Scooter Braun and Scott Borchetta for essentially holding her music hostage, preventing her from performing any of her old songs after she left record label Big Machine.

Despite Swift and West’s decade-long feud, West came to Swift’s defence today, vowing to personally get her masters back from Braun.

“I’M GOING TO PERSONALLY SEE TO IT THAT TAYLOR SWIFT GETS HER MASTERS BACK,” he wrote. “SCOOTER IS A CLOSE FAMILY FRIEND.”

Braun was West’s manager for many years, which is one of the reasons Swift was so distraught when he took control of her masters. “Kim Kardashian orchestrated an illegally recorded snippet of a phone call to be leaked and then Scooter got his two clients together to bully me online about it,” Swift wrote on Tumblr at the time.

Many fans have weighed in on West’s vow to help Taylor get her masters back, calling it a “play for attention”.

West and Swift have been in a decade-long feud, kicked off at the 2009 VMAs. (Getty)

“This is not a nice gesture,” one person tweeted. “This is about power. Kayne wants to say that he had a hand in Taylor’s fight to get her masters back. He wants credit for a fight that Taylor has been fighting for a year now. This is yet another play for attention. Disgusted but not surprised.”

Fans of West are worried about his mental well-being, especially after his deleted tweets about being murdered. “You need help from doctors, family and friends. this is not going to end well without that,” one person wrote.

West first spoke about being diagnosed with bipolar disorder on his 2018 album, Ye.

“If you don’t take medication every day to keep you at a certain state, you have a potential to ramp up and it can take you to a point where you can even end up in the hospital. And you start acting erratic, as TMZ would put it,” he told David Letterman last year.

In July West tweeted that his family was trying to get him committed to a psychiatric institution.

Taylor Swift and Scooter Braun

Taylor Swift vs Scooter Braun: Celebrities take sides

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Victoria Recorded Just 14 New COVID-19 Cases Today, The Lowest In More Than Three Months

Published

on

By

There is more hopeful news coming out of Victoria today, as the number of new COVID-19 infections continues to decline. Just 14 new cases have been recorded in the last 24 hours.

This is the lowest-single day increase in more than three months, and this is also the tenth day in a row that the number of new recorded cases has dipped below 50.

Sadly, there were also five deaths reported in the latest round of figures. Today’s number of new cases, however, is the lowest since June 16, when just nine were recorded in Victoria.

This news is also encouraging, in that it puts the state on track for further easing of restrictions, as laid out by Premier Daniel Andrews in the roadmap to reopening.

Per the official Department of Health and Human Services guidelines, metropolitan Melbourne moves to the Second Step when the daily average case rate is between 30-50 cases over the previous 14 days.

At this stage, September 28 is the earliest date set out for the further easing of restrictions.

Metropolitan Melbourne moves to the Third Step when the daily average number of cases is less than 5 across all of Victoria over the previous 14 days, and there are less than 5 cases with an unknown source in the last 14 days, state-wide.

The earliest date for these restrictions to ease is October 26.

Victoria moves to the Last Step when there are no new cases for 14 days in the state, and these restrictions won’t change before November 23.

For more information on these steps and what they actually mean for residents of Victoria, you can see the state government’s roadmap to reopening here.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Package Addressed to Trump Containing the Poison Ricin Was Intercepted in White House Mail

Published

on

By

A package addressed to President Donald Trump containing the poison ricin was intercepted by federal authorities earlier this week, according to several reports on Saturday.

Both the AP and CNN say the letter was intercepted at an offsite government facility where White House mail is sorted and screened. The FBI, the Secret Service, and the US Postal Inspection Service have begun an investigation following two positive tests that confirmed the presence of ricin.

The FBI confirmed the investigation, saying in a statement, that “a suspicious letter received at a US government mail facility” does not pose a “threat to public safety.” Federal investigators said that no suspects are in custody, but according to the Wall Street Journal, “The package appeared to have come from Canada.”

Ricin, a poison that can be deadly and is derived from castor beans, was used in a previous plot against Trump. In 2018, a Navy veteran from Utah, William Clyde Allen, attempted to send the president and other government officials envelopes with ingredients of the poison. Allen was charged in a seven-count federal indictment and his case is still pending, according to the New York Times.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2020 NewsLagoon | All Content Rights Reserved.